Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lesson Reflection

I think that overall the lesson went well. I believe that this chapter of Reading, Writing and Rising Up is all about getting to know those in your class and from there forming a safe community where one feels comfortable participating in the class - and as we know, for learning to take place one needs to be participating. I believe that by the end of this lesson everyone knew each other better and hopefully everyone feels like this class is a safe place for them. 

I was so thankful that Allie shared about her personal high school story because it allowed for the class to reach that next level of vulnerability because Allie was so open and honest with us. 

For negative feedback about the lesson I feel that it could have been at times boring and some people may not have felt heard. If I were to do it again I would hope to give more people the opportunity to share. I also received feedback from classmates about improving transitions and not including as much writing. I totally agree with both. I always think transitions can be improved and I felt like I learned a lot from doing this lesson about what could go better next time. For the feedback on too much writing - I agreed with that too, but felt like because of what was required for the lesson I had to include lots of writing and it was one of the only ways that I could meet the 1 hour time cap.


I really loved this topic and I was so glad that I could teach a lesson on it. I believe that building a community in our classrooms is so important and is vital to student progress. I hope that my classmates enjoyed it and learned about an activity or novel that they could do or share in their classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment